Conophytum 'Foggy Dew'

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Darren S
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Conophytum 'Foggy Dew'

Post by Darren S »

Amongst 12 conos sown 10 days ago (East facing windowsill in a room heated only in daytime) is this from the December BCSS list.

(My sowings also included several from last year's MSG seed, which arrived quite late. So far the only one not showing signs of life is burgeri.)
Conophytum 'Foggy Dew'
Conophytum 'Foggy Dew'
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Re: Conophytum 'Foggy Dew'

Post by Tina »

Thats good I sowed mine recently so fingers crossed for them all.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Mine were sown on 1st Jan on a South facing windowcill and are all up. Will remove the baggies tomorrow as I don't like to have mesembs in them for too long after they germinate, especially this time of year.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cactus Kid wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:04 pm Mine were sown on 1st Jan on a South facing windowcill and are all up. Will remove the baggies tomorrow as I don't like to have mesembs in them for too long after they germinate, especially this time of year.
What's the ambient daytime temperature on that windowsill?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Cactus Kid wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:04 pm Mine were sown on 1st Jan on a South facing windowcill and are all up. Will remove the baggies tomorrow as I don't like to have mesembs in them for too long after they germinate, especially this time of year.
With a very limited experience I have I totally agree, (I think) I have killed many by waiting for them to "germinate " while their tiny cotyledons were already long up ;)
Mat
HaoBao
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by HaoBao »

Would you mind saying when you sent off your seed orders this year? I missed out this time and I’d like to know if I was late sending it or if the post was delayed. I don’t mind that I didn’t get any but I’d like to know for next year.
Plant sales: www.CentralSucculents.etsy.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/CentralSucculents
Reddit: www.reddit.com/u/CentralSucculents

All my plants are kept indoors and I started collecting in August 2018. Favourites are Pachyphytum, Echeveria, Haworthia, Mesembs and oddball Cacti.
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

I was one of the fortunate ones who got their Cactus World the same day as the people started posting that it had arrived, sent my order the same day. I then came in as order number 281 so missed out on these and a lot and of the other ones I asked for, I can only blame the postal system. Mind you, I have never ever got the “special seeds” in all those years, and I thought I was finally in luck with all the delays of people receiving Cactus World.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Darren S
BCSS Member

Post by Darren S »

Like Mike I got my Cactus World early on, and was fortunate that I was not at work that day so posted my seed order back the same day. I was order 165 and got all my first choices for the first time ever.

Can't even say that our post is any more efficient - my CW arrived the same day as a 'next day delivery' item that had been posted 8 days earlier....
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Daytime temp on the windowsill was around 18 during the day down to 9 at night.

I luckily received my Cactus world along with the fist batch of people and posted my seed order the next morning but still didn't get all of my first choices. I think the process is carried out as fairly as it can be.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

The seed distribution issues were discussed extensively already, it would be great if we could keep this thread for the Terry's splendid Conophytum hybrid!

Speaking about which, I really, really hope I won't kill them all...

SmartSelect_20210117-170344_eBay.jpg
Mat