BCSS seed distribution

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: BCSS seed distribution

Post by Tina »

Same old moaners too.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
conolady
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Post by conolady »

Got mine around 7th Jan.
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

conolady wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:00 pm Got mine around 7th Jan.
My seeds arrived 24th December. Despite some weary willies, who shall be nameless, who said we shouldn't expect for anything to be dispatched before the whole of the Xmas/Brexit mail situation was resolved and we should all have to wait for ages, or at least until after Christmas and New Year. Some moaners eh! :wink:
Last edited by ragamala on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

I guess this exact question is asked every year, but it's my first and I couldn't find the answer on the forum - is there a way to order any remaining seeds from the distribution, like with e.g. MSG? Assuming of course there is anything left!
Mat
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

I believe that any remaining packs are put to the introductory packs for new membership.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
colser
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by colser »

Hi MatDz,
For the MSG seed list if you follow the societies facebook page Peter has recently posted an update on last years list in terms of looking to get distribute the remaining stock (although recently taken down due to demand). It's worth following for this facebook page for future years.
For the BCSS list we always sell out (too quickly for our liking and we are looking into how to address, as discussed previously without a sizable uptake in volunteers to assist with counting this may not be possible).

Hi el48tel,
We have moved away from any remaining seeds being used for introductory packs and we now deal with the new members packs seperately. Yes this requires additional counting resource but worth it to enhance our membership.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Thank you, this fully satisfies my curiosity. I just checked the MSG FB page and see the post was made 7 hours ago, that went quick!

PS: My I send you a private message re. the seed distribution? I'd like to discuss a potential proposal for it.
Mat
colser
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by colser »

Sure, use my email colser@live.co.uk to contact me. I don't get on well with this forums PM feature
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

I don't get on well with this forums PM feature
Probably because they don't work anymore :twisted: I just had a new member struggle to contact me via the forum but we got there in the end.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Just to let you know the 2020 Seed List will be back on Facebook today after I’ve worked through the existing orders and sorted out what’s left to offer.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.