BCSS seed distribution

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: BCSS seed distribution

Post by el48tel »

Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 am Just to let you know the 2020 Seed List will be back on Facebook today after I’ve worked through the existing orders and sorted out what’s left to offer.
Is FB the only way to access the list. I'm a new MSG member and unfamiliar to procedures. And .... FB is a place I never visit ... had very bad experience.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Roatavator
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Roatavator »

I try to make the MSG Facebook page a pleasant place to view and participate in!
But seriously, give me a while to work through remaining orders and I’ll send you the revised list once I know what’s left.
Just send me a line at MSGSeedOrders@outlook.com
and I’ll forward the list when it’s ready. Same applies to anyone else reading this. But once you’ve got it you may need to act quickly, I got my first order yesterday within two minutes of the Facebook post!
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:03 am I try to make the MSG Facebook page a pleasant place to view and participate in!
But seriously, give me a while to work through remaining orders and I’ll send you the revised list once I know what’s left.
Just send me a line at MSGSeedOrders@outlook.com
and I’ll forward the list when it’s ready. Same applies to anyone else reading this. But once you’ve got it you may need to act quickly, I got my first order yesterday within two minutes of the Facebook post!
Are these offerings restricted to MSG members?
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Tina wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 am
I don't get on well with this forums PM feature
Probably because they don't work anymore :twisted: I just had a new member struggle to contact me via the forum but we got there in the end.
Moaning again? I have had no problem with PMs recently or ever.
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Hello
The offer for the remaining seed only from 2020 is available to members and non-members alike, although of course we would hope it will encourage more MSG members!
I’ve just released the remainder of the list on MSG Facebook page.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:46 pm Hello
The offer for the remaining seed only from 2020 is available to members and non-members alike, although of course we would hope it will encourage more MSG members!
I’ve just released the remainder of the list on MSG Facebook page.
Thanks for the answer to the question. There is no charge for EU or NI phytos? Nor mention of potential VAT import charges for EU folk?
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

I’ve fully explained the procedure for EU and NI orders on the Facebook page. But briefly, those orders will be collated into a single parcel which I will get a Phytosanitary Certificate for (you have to have a Phyto for each mailing so posting individual overseas orders is not viable). The parcel will then be mailed to a MSG member in the EU who will post the individual orders from there.
The £7 postage charge for EU/NI members will cover our costs of obtaining the Certificate. I’ve no idea about VAT, as far as I’m concerned it will be a mailing of certified material between members of MSG, don’t see how officials overseas would be able to assess it.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:18 pm I’ve no idea about VAT, as far as I’m concerned it will be a mailing of certified material between members of MSG, don’t see how officials overseas would be able to assess it.
Thank you for the further info. It may well be, surely, that the collated single delivery may attract charges?
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

We shall see. But in the absence of information in the parcel I’m not sure how it would be assessed!
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:52 pm We shall see. But in the absence of information in the parcel I’m not sure how it would be assessed!
Sorry, I don't mean to be a bore and nag endlessly on this, but surely there will have to be a customs and value declaration?