BCSS seed distribution

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: BCSS seed distribution

Post by MikeDom »

A seed order I received from South Africa had the contents listed as "Commercial Samples" on the customs form. Sailed straight through customs by all accounts.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Roatavator
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Roatavator »

ragamala wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:06 pm
Roatavator wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:52 pm We shall see. But in the absence of information in the parcel I’m not sure how it would be assessed!
Sorry, I don't mean to be a bore and nag endlessly on this, but surely there will have to be a customs and value declaration?
I have a plan! Nudge, nudge
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN

Post by habanerocat »

habanerocat wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm What's the delivery time on the seed distribution?

I ordered some time before Christmas. Not complaining, just wondering.
Posted from the UK on 29/12/20.
Arrived in Ireland on 29/01/21

Now, that's slow.......
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

habanerocat wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm
habanerocat wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm What's the delivery time on the seed distribution?

Now, that's slow.......
But at least you received them (tu)
Perhaps you were lucky that they were not incinerated by your Customs/Dept. of Agriculture given that there would not have been any documents - phyto. cert. or import permit (the problem of importing something from a non-EU country in the future?).
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN

Post by habanerocat »

Tony R wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:21 am
habanerocat wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Now, that's slow.......
But at least you received them (tu)
Perhaps you were lucky that they were not incinerated by your Customs/Dept. of Agriculture given that there would not have been any documents - phyto. cert. or import permit (the problem of importing something from a non-EU country in the future?).
Wasn't I lucky they hadn't germinated Tony :grin:

I'm sorting out some Echinocereus seeds here. I'd say when the society is looking for volunteers for the Echinocereus seeds not too many hands go up.

I left the pods dry out as they were a mushy sticky mess last autumn. Now that they're dry, I have to wet them again to get the seeds out. What a job, brings the seed providers job into a whole new light.

Well done all......
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

I don't know how they counted the lithops n Cono's I had trouble seeing them in the packets :???:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.