Growth in ~4 years

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
fatich
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Growth in ~4 years

Post by fatich »

Second photo from 2017
First photo this month 2020
Mammillaria bertholdii - Grafted plant on Mytrillocactus geometrizans
Attachments
IMG20210202133750.jpg
2021-02-02_01-42-06.jpg
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Growth in ~4 years

Post by Tina »

Thats looking good, I killed mine :eek: .

Are they impossible on there own roots, slow or just difficult ?
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
fatich
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by fatich »

Tina wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:50 am Thats looking good, I killed mine :eek: .

Are they impossible on there own roots, slow or just difficult ?
I have 2 small plants on own roots. They are slow but not difficult.
John E
Registered Guest

Post by John E »

Now that the brouhaha concerning my pictures of Aztekium valdezii (discovered 2011) has died down perhaps Mr Hldyard could explain when the policy changed to allow pictures of Mammillaria bertholdii(discovered 2013) to be shown and commented on in the Forum. After all he locked the post in September 2016 because he said any plants from Mexico after 1997 had been illegally purchased.
conolady
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by conolady »

John E wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm Now that the brouhaha concerning my pictures of Aztekium valdezii (discovered 2011) has died down perhaps Mr Hldyard could explain when the policy changed to allow pictures of Mammillaria bertholdii(discovered 2013) to be shown and commented on in the Forum. After all he locked the post in September 2016 because he said any plants from Mexico after 1997 had been illegally purchased.
I could tell you, but I’d probably be either banned or deleted. Sad to say...
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...