Terry Smale

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
conolady
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Terry Smale

Post by conolady »

Terrible news. He was a good friend to me and I shall greatly miss our chats. He was gentle, generous, patient and willing to share his immense knowledge. My heart goes out to Jennifer.
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest
Branch: NORTH SURREY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

I had the great fortune of being one of the few to see his collection last year during the pandemic. He was an amazing guy who was very knowledgeable, accommodating and kind. I was there for quite a few hours chatting with him and looking at his many plants. We were planning to see his collection again in March to see Massonias and other winter/spring plants.

He will be missed and I am glad I have something of his to remember him by.
Conophytums from Terry
Conophytums from Terry
Adamchadwick
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Adamchadwick »

I am so sorry to hear this. What a huge help he was to everyone and how much he will be missed.
sechjoh
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by sechjoh »

He will be missed!

Rest in peace...
/Christer DPP4, Capture One 10, CombineZM