An old friend rewards me today

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ernie
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

An old friend rewards me today

Post by Ernie »

This double headed Echeveria has been with me a longtime and one of the few plants I kept when I sold my last collection :cry: This plant will stay with me until either it or I dies. Not rare not everyones cup of tea but it is attractive.In a 12 inch bowl.
Echeveria lilacina.
Thought I would share it with you.
P1010641.JPG
P1010642.JPG
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: An old friend rewards me today

Post by edds »

Cracking plant. I do love the powdery types.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

edds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 pm Cracking plant. I do love the powdery types.
Me too, up until their very first repotting when I ruin them completely and push to the far end of the shelf to never look at them again.
Mat
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

MatDz wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:02 pm
edds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 pm Cracking plant. I do love the powdery types.
Me too, up until their very first repotting when I ruin them completely and push to the far end of the shelf to never look at them again.
Lol! I find I can usually do minimal damage by going underneath the leaves and holding the stem but still leaves some annoying marks!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

edds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:04 pm
MatDz wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:02 pm
Lol! I find I can usually do minimal damage by going underneath the leaves and holding the stem but still leaves some annoying marks!
I once had an idea to treat the bottom leaves as a "repotting sacrifice", i.e. pot the plant deeper and let the bottom leaves shrivel completely to keep them more or less in order, but even then I touch them here or there. Same with plants loosing leaves with the gentlest breeze, I just don't want them any more.
Mat