Contact details for William's Cacti for BEF pots

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
edds
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Contact details for William's Cacti for BEF pots

Post by edds »

Does anyone know if there is ideally an email address for William's Cacti? I can only see a Facebook messenger contact on their Facebook page and I don't use that site. I found an email address info@williamscactus.co.uk bit that doesn't seem to work.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Contact details for William's Cacti for BEF pots

Post by el48tel »

Pity you'd not mailed me earlier. They were at the NW mart this morning.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs. Recently discovered gorgeous Gasteria.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Last time I had to claim a chargeback through PayPal, absolutely no luck with emails or Facebook messages (despite them being active on Facebook). Quite a pity, maybe one day I'll convinced myself to buy in person...
Mat
Pattock
Registered Guest

Post by Pattock »

Phone or letter are probably your best bet if you can't visit the nursery. The website is still down, so I assume they are still on emergency power.

William's Cactus, Holmsley Ln, Brierley, South Kirkby, Barnsley S72 9EX

07714 239909
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Pattock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:30 pm Phone or letter are probably your best bet if you can't visit the nursery. The website is still down, so I assume they are still on emergency power.

07714 239909
It was last year, so no hurry any more from my side.

I also doubt they host the website at site, but there's always a chance.
Mat
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Pattock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:30 pm Phone or letter are probably your best bet if you can't visit the nursery. The website is still down, so I assume they are still on emergency power.

07714 239909
Thanks Pattock. Will give them a call next week.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Pattock
Registered Guest

Post by Pattock »

el48tel wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:18 pm Pity you'd not mailed me earlier. They were at the NW mart this morning.
Was Craig there? If so, did he look healthy?
MatDz wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 pm I also doubt they host the website at site, but there's always a chance.
Metaphorical emergency power:
viewtopic.php?t=172737&hilit=williams
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Pattock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:46 pm Metaphorical emergency power:
Missed the metaphor by a mile, I'll excuse myself now.
Mat
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Pattock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:46 pm
el48tel wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:18 pm Pity you'd not mailed me earlier. They were at the NW mart this morning.
MatDz wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 pm I also doubt they host the website at site, but there's always a chance.
Tell me .... are you always this malicious and wanting to score points over people? I'll not answer your question regardless. Perhaps you could have visited the mart since you are a Mancunian and found out for yourself. I believe the vendor list was published.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs. Recently discovered gorgeous Gasteria.
Pattock
Registered Guest

Post by Pattock »

el48tel wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:17 pm
Pattock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Tell me .... are you always this malicious and wanting to score points over people? I'll not answer your question regardless. Perhaps you could have visited the mart since you are a Mancunian and found out for yourself. I believe the vendor list was published.
I asked out of concern for the bloke, as he has been unwell for some time. I have had nice chats with him before. He has been a provider of unusual species to the market for many years, his retirement due to ill-health would be a great misfortune for the hobby. Why would you assume I was malicious? Seems to me like you assume the worst about people.

It is a matter of some interest to those wanting to make orders with Williams Cactus whether Craig is back and firing on all cylinders. Vendor lists do not always reflect the exact personnel who turn up.

I was not interested enough to go to the Mart just to find out how Craig is doing. I am clearly an awful person. :twisted: