Copiapoa?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Copiapoa?

Post by Cactus Kid »

I am trying to find a new home for this taken from a collection of a recently deceased branch member and would like a definite I.D. on it.

Also as I am forwarding all monies to his daughter who will make a charity donation with the proceeds, an approximate estimation as to a sensible price to ask for it. It is mostly unmarked apart from the slight damage that shows on the pic. Thanks.
C. sp.JPG
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Copiapoa?

Post by Tina »

c.haseltoniana but I'm no expert
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Copiapoas have been fetching very full prices of late on eBay. Nothing is guaranteed, but I would say it’s a good place to list this if you want to maximise the price (but don’t forget the eBay taxes)
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

C haseltoniana looks a good ID to me. I also have a plant labelled as C gigantea that looks a close match.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:19 pm C haseltoniana looks a good ID to me. I also have a plant labelled as C gigantea that looks a close match.
They're generally considered to be the same thing. gigantea is the older name at species level but haseltoniana has priority at subspecies level (cinerea subsp. haseltoniana).

...and I'd agree that this is what this is.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

It's hard to suggest a price without seeing photos from both sides down to pot level as well as the top view in the photo. If sold online shipping will be expensive and packing difficult.

Stuart
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Thanks all. I didn't really want to go the Ebay route. I haven't sold anything on there before and it seems a bit pointless setting it up for one or two plants.

I was just hoping for a roundabout figure, or if anyone on here is interested I can post more pics and take it along to the National show for collection.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!