Some seedlings roots

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
fatich
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Some seedlings roots

Post by fatich »

~15 months old
Gymnocactus beguinii
Mammillaria aureilanata
Mammillaria coahuilensis
Attachments
IMG20220804191602.jpg
IMG20220804200327.jpg
IMG20220804193817.jpg
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Some seedlings roots

Post by juster »

They look really healthy (tu)
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

I would expect the Mammillaria aureilanata to be less tall. Mine are fluffy and 'rooty' like yours too, but are much more globular, definately more wide than tall. Have these been in the shade?
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

Aiko wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:12 pm I would expect the Mammillaria aureilanata to be less tall. Mine are fluffy and 'rooty' like yours too, but are much more globular, definately more wide than tall. Have these been in the shade?
I think my light source its not enough for some species. Some plants grow as they supposed to be but some of them grow not in good way like these aureilanata seedlings and also i should have give less water to aureilanata seedlings.
I was not at home for a few days and the lights were off in the grow tent, plus i watered the seedlings before l left the home, this is also another mistake. That caused them to stretch.
I took the aureilanata seedling out of the tent and put them on the windowsill.
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

These are Aztekium ritteri and Gymnocactus saueri, they grow fine under the same conditions.
Attachments
OI000415.JPG
IMG20220805074111.jpg