ID for Cactus in Majorca

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mal L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

ID for Cactus in Majorca

Post by Mal L »

A friend has been holidaying in Majorca and there was this cactus in the garden of the property. He thought it was about 5-6m tall. Unfortunately he missed the flower opening during the night. Can anyone put a likely name to it. There is nothing quite like this in my greenhouse!!
IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg (76.63 KiB) Viewed 282 times
IMG_4187.jpg
IMG_4187.jpg (91.2 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Re: ID for Cactus in Majorca

Post by Paul in Essex »

Trichocereus terscheckii.

I actually have one just like it in my garden! :lol: Well, single stemmed, anyway.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: ID for Cactus in Majorca

Post by Mal L »

Thanks Paul - I should have recalled the photo of yours that I saw recently! I think I do have a very much smaller one in my greenhouse, but I am aware that very mature specimens don't necessarily just look like much bigger versions of their more juvenile form.
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!