Plant ID please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Plant ID please

Post by el48tel »

PSX_20220816_072321.jpg
PSX_20220816_072353.jpg
A " raffle prize.
An ID would be appreciated. Thanks.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Chris L
BCSS Branch Websites Co-ordinator
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Websites Co-ordinator

Re: Plant ID please

Post by Chris L »

Adromischus of some sort.
Joined 1991
Lamb's Reference Plate Index http://www.cactus-corner.co.uk/referenc ... -guide.htm
FREE on Kindle Unlimited:
Anglesey Circular Walk https://amzn.to/34i18qF
Lytham-Arnside Walk https://amzn.to/3fpQPGf
My Redbubble Shop https://www.redbubble.com/people/cactuschris/shop
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

A. cooperii
Mat
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

cooperi (one i)
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Thank you kindly.
I'd guessed Adromischus but since this is not in my interest area, I was stumped for species. Yes .... it was the nearly to last items on the table, the remaining two after it, were items I'd donated.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

el48tel wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:43 am Thank you kindly.
I'd guessed Adromischus but since this is not in my interest area, I was stumped for species. Yes .... it was the nearly to last items on the table, the remaining two after it, were items I'd donated.
Well I would have chosen it. :wink:
Give it as much light as you can and it will colour up nicely and be even spottier.
For example:
adro.jpg
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

@TonyR
The postscript to the tale.
Spikeys are verboten in the conservatory by Mrs el48tel. A few sensitive ones are allowed on sufferance. A clear out of big spikeys (all gone to a good home) at the weekend allowed a transfer of Haworthia seedlings which are allowed. When she saw the Adromischus she instantly found a place for it ..... on the southern window.
No ... I can't fathom it out either .... and I have given up trying. I have another Adromischus cutting which came from a Branch practical session. When she's away at the ladies meeting on Thursday .... it will be transferred from the GH.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

I don’t want to barge in on el48s post,
4EBF4FF5-D23F-4A16-B15D-0E9B5B3D5CCE.jpeg
but I just wondered if this plant was the same. Thanks
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Eric Williams wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:10 am I don’t want to barge in on el48s post, 4EBF4FF5-D23F-4A16-B15D-0E9B5B3D5CCE.jpegbut I just wondered if this plant was the same. Thanks
Eric .... you are not barging in .... always happy to see you .... but I can't answer your question. Let's hope others might.
Are you keeping well?
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks , I’m fine. The amount of information on this forum is amazing, I have no doubt my plant will be identified. When I grew prize veg, no one one shared any info. It was all secretive. With this hobby everyone is quite willing to share all info with everyone. I do appreciate it too.