Hello from Essex

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
apoonian
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CORNWALL

Hello from Essex

Post by apoonian »

Hi there,

I hope I have registered correctly!

My name is Andrew and I keep a small variety of cacti and succulents in my greenhouse and house.

I really enjoy growing from seed so this will be my main goal for the future I think :)

All the best!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Essex

Post by el48tel »

Hi Andrew.
Welcome to the forum.
If you have joined the Society, you'll be well aware that the December issue of CactusWorld contains the annual seedlist. Between 100 and 200 different plant species. Always a topic of conversation here. Join now to get registered to be entitled to buy and you get the current year's magazines as a bumper bundle .... otherwise you will have to wait for next December for the seed sale. Quite a few of us swap seeds and cuttings and plants ... or at knockdown prices .... and there's always information about auctions etc.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Andrew, you will find plenty to interest you here, and also at your local branch meetings. Enjoy your plants!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
jenniemay
BCSS Member
Branch: CHESTER & District
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by jenniemay »

apoonian wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:50 am Hi there,

I hope I have registered correctly!

My name is Andrew and I keep a small variety of cacti and succulents in my greenhouse and house.

I really enjoy growing from seed so this will be my main goal for the future I think :)

All the best!
Hello Andrew.
Welcome to the BCSS and forum.
If you are in the Chelmsford area, there is a Chelmsford branch which holds monthly meetings at Danbury. We welcome new members and are a friendly group. Other branches are available. 🙂
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Cidermanrolls »

If you like seed raising, don’t miss out on the forum seed pool. Where else can you get free seed? There’s even some I’ve recently sent in from my plants….the Copiapoa seed usually germinates really well.
apoonian
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by apoonian »

Thanks everyone - I have been attending the Clacton branch meetings when I can - such a nice bunch of people!

I am very much looking forward to the seed list in December's issue!!!!

I will also check out the forum seed pool as that sounds great too!

I am sure I will posting lots of questions before long anyway :)