Choices, choices…

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Darren S
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Choices, choices…

Post by Darren S »

SimonT wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:14 pm I put in my ADBLPS order over the weekend but not heard back yet.
Anyone had a response yet? Usually they are quite quick to confirm an order.
Same here Simon.
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

I’ve not heard back yet, but imagine the avalanche of orders in that first weekend…. I’m staying patient
KarlR
BCSS Member

Post by KarlR »

My order went in about 30 mins after the list was published and I've already paid and gotten confirmation that the order will be shipped next week. Probably just have to wait a little bit if you haven't heard back yet.
SimonT
Registered Guest

Post by SimonT »

30 mins after publishing of the list is pretty quick- it takes me longer than that just to check through the new entries.

I'm mainly wondering about orders because of the changes due to Brexit.
I've not heard of anyone based in the UK getting their orders confirmed yet.
But no-doubt ADPLPS are just swamped with orders at the moment.
Darren S
BCSS Member

Post by Darren S »

Got my confirmation and paid this morning. Only two items missing, neither one a priority.
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
SimonT
Registered Guest

Post by SimonT »

My order came through as well today which is a relief. I think it has all that I asked for.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Mine came through this morning. Three missing out of about 20. One of the missing three was a priority. Oh well…
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

It will always stay a puzzle to me why virtually every other industry needs to keep mostly accurate stock levels, but seeds can only be counted on the go and always have availability issues.
Mat
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

MatDz wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 am It will always stay a puzzle to me why virtually every other industry needs to keep mostly accurate stock levels, but seeds can only be counted on the go and always have availability issues.
One year the Discocactus can be very popular, the next year no one orders seeds from Discocactus and they all are suddenly after Islaya. For instance. No need to count and bag all the Discocactus seeds if there is a chance no one will order it.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Aiko wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:02 am
MatDz wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 am It will always stay a puzzle to me why virtually every other industry needs to keep mostly accurate stock levels, but seeds can only be counted on the go and always have availability issues.
One year the Discocactus can be very popular, the next year no one orders seeds from Discocactus and they all are suddenly after Islaya. For instance. No need to count and bag all the Discocactus seeds if there is a chance no one will order it.
It's almost 2023, start to think about "customers". Why everyone who orders risks not receiving packets that they want? It is possible to do (see Mesa Garden and their "in stock" filter) and setting up a little "online store" to track availability real time is dead simple and cheap, just everyone seems to be happy with doing seed distribution the old ways.

Looking forward (though with a little dread) to seeing how BCSS handles this on the new website.
Mat