Maihueniopsis Boliviansis TSG2

This forum is for discussion about small Opuntias, open to all.
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

Maihueniopsis Boliviansis TSG2

Post by ianstrutt »

Hi everyone,

I was posting in the other forum so thought I ask a question in here as well. I bought this plant a couple of years ago that I was believe was from the collection of Alain Sutton.
4E5694C3-001D-437B-A59A-BCF245CE0283.jpeg
It’s labelled as Maihueniopsis Boliviansis TSG2. I’m assuming it should be ‘Boliviana’ and that TSG is the tephro study group, but could anyone offer any more information on this?

Cheers
Ian
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: Maihueniopsis Boliviansis TSG2

Post by Tony R »

Now known as Cumulopuntia boliviana
TSG2
The Tephrocactus Study Group many years ago distributed 'typical' material of certain species to its members.
TSG2 originated from Rene Geissler's plant with his collection number WG086 (habitat source unknown).
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
Branch: NOTTINGHAM

Re: Maihueniopsis Boliviansis TSG2

Post by ianstrutt »

Tony R wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:38 pm Now known as Cumulopuntia boliviana
TSG2
The Tephrocactus Study Group many years ago distributed 'typical' material of certain species to its members.
TSG2 originated from Rene Geissler's plant with his collection number WG086 (habitat source unknown).
Thanks so much Tony, that’s really interesting. It’s had its first water of the year this weekend and I’m sure I can see the first signs of new growth already.
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.