what to do about shrivelling leaves

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
JonNo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

what to do about shrivelling leaves

Post by JonNo »

This Aloe (Juvenna?) has started to have random leaves shrivel and dry out. No idea why. My question if I may please is, what is best to do about them - should I remove them (i.e snip them off)?
P1000565.JPG
P1000567.JPG
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: what to do about shrivelling leaves

Post by Herts Mike »

Yes
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Herts Mike wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:01 pmYes
Ta. Didn't want to do anything silly and risk damaging/ spoiling the plant, so the help is appreciated.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

It's natural for the thinner leaved Aloes to lose leaves. Just cut them away.
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Herts Mike wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:57 pm It's natural for the thinner leaved Aloes to lose leaves. Just cut them away.
That's what I needed to know, I'll stop worrying! Thanks Mike. The missus' best tailoring scissors have now been put to good use...
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Cutting the leaf lengthways and pulling each half around the stem will remove the leaf cleanly so it doesn't look like a leaf was ever there.

Stuart
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Stuart wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 pm Cutting the leaf lengthways and pulling each half around the stem will remove the leaf cleanly so it doesn't look like a leaf was ever there.

Stuart
Damn my hastiness! That's a great tip, thanks Stuart. I'll remember it for next time... Cheers.
stechad
Registered Guest

Post by stechad »

JonNo wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:53 pm
Stuart wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 pm Cutting the leaf lengthways and pulling each half around the stem will remove the leaf cleanly so it doesn't look like a leaf was ever there.

Stuart
Damn my hastiness! That's a great tip, thanks Stuart. I'll remember it for next time... Cheers.
You could snip the bit that's left then put the misses eyebrow tweezers to good use.
Stechad
Varied collection of Cacti & Succulents, Grown cacti since mid 70s as a kid but only recently taken a real interest.
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

stechad wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 am
JonNo wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:53 pm

Stuart
You could snip the bit that's left then put the misses eyebrow tweezers to good use.
More good thinking, thanks stechad! As it is, thanks to the missus' precision scissors I've been able to cut the dried leaves flush with the stem, so I won't be needing her tweezers this time... Probably for the best, I'm already using her oral irrigator to power wash roots - she'll be locking her things away..!