Glasgow branch meetings programme

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Glasgow branch meetings programme

Post by MatDz »

As it happens, I am now temporarily (or so I think) visiting the northern parts of the UK - Edinburgh to be precise. As far as I am aware, Glasgow branch is the nearest one (at least until the Edinburgh one reopens), but I am slightly struggling to find its meetings programme (I have reached out to the Secretary and Admin via email).

Would anyone have it at hand?
Mat
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Glasgow branch meetings programme

Post by Paul D »

MatDz wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:53 pm As it happens, I am now temporarily (or so I think) visiting the northern parts of the UK - Edinburgh to be precise. As far as I am aware, Glasgow branch is the nearest one (at least until the Edinburgh one reopens), but I am slightly struggling to find its meetings programme (I have reached out to the Secretary and Admin via email).

Would anyone have it at hand?
Mat,
I'm sorry to say Glasgow Branch is not operating at present. Fife has its Annual Show in Leven this weekend and their meetings will be in Leven from now on- though I don't think they have announced the programme for meetings yet. The only other Branch in Scotland currently meeting is my own one, Grampian (Aberdeen).
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Ahh, that (sort of) explains the radio silence, although some automatic replies from official email addresses and a note on the branch website would be good to add.

Level isn't crazy far, and I found the show details. Thank you!

Are you planning to come?
Mat
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Paul D »

MatDz wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:12 am Ahh, that (sort of) explains the radio silence, although some automatic replies from official email addresses and a note on the branch website would be good to add.

Level isn't crazy far, and I found the show details. Thank you!

Are you planning to come?
No I don't think I can make it Mat. Some others from our branch are going though.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

I'll ask here to not pollute the forum with a simple "Q&A" post: who was selling plants during the Annual Show? I got a couple Mammillarias and would like to fill in the details in my stock list.
Mat
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

I'll just bump my question above, hopefully it won't need a separate post :mrgreen:
Mat