Hello from Poole

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
PhilipPV
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Poole

Post by PhilipPV »

Sort of a reintroduction, as I did post many years ago on a previous incarnation of this forum. I've been back and lurking for a while now but thought I should post here before anywhere else.

I've been a member of the BCSS on and off since 1987, attending branch meetings at Bedford in the late 80s and Northampton in the early 00s. Now living on the south coast with no easily accessible branch.

I have a terrible tendency to collect but my main enthusiasms are South American cacti, succulent bromeliads and more recently the Aloe/Haworthia/Gasteria group. I'm also trying to grow hardy succulents but a high mollusc population in the garden is making that more difficult than it should be.

I am currently in the (slow) process of tidying up the collection which has got a bit messy and overcrowded due to the aforementioned collection habit and overenthusiastic propagation.
Philip P-V

Poole, Dorset

Growing South American cacti, Echinocereus, succulent bromeliads, smaller Aloeae, hardy Crassulaceae and whatever else catches my eye.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello from Poole

Post by juster »

Welcome Philip and good luck with the sorting out :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Poole

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum Philip
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.