Cycas revoluta germination

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cycas revoluta germination

Post by Aiko »

MikeDom wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:37 pm I am impressed that they have between 3 and 6 leaves. The books will tell you that you are lucky to get 1 leaf a year, so long may the growth rate continue.
I got eight seeds from cact.cz last winter, and although it took a while all eight have germinated. Four of them have one or two leaves, the other four still have to produce a leave, although they already have roots send down. The leaves of these four are underway, which will not take long.
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by MikeDom »

Tina wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:53 pm Both lovely thats impressive with the cycads and your uebellmannia are better than mine, must be the nice humid atmosphere & I don't feed often enough, are they own root
Thank you, yes, they are on own root and were winners at my Branch show
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by TomInTucson »

MikeDom wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:48 pm
Tina wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:53 pm Both lovely thats impressive with the cycads and your uebellmannia are better than mine, must be the nice humid atmosphere & I don't feed often enough, are they own root
Thank you, yes, they are on own root and were winners at my Branch show
🖒