For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Hi all. I am trying to get to the seed list but am being asked for my email and password to log in.

I am using the same one as on here. Do I need to register a different one to get to the members area from the homepage?
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Log in problem to homepage

Post by Acid John »

Yes you do.
Acid John
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by MatDz »

I'm not certain you need a different one (I'm using the same email I think), but you certainly need to register on the main website separately.
Mat
Simon S
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Membership Secretary

Post by Simon S »

That's right - to access the seed list, please first register on the BCSS website (use a strong password):
https://bcss.org.uk/register/

You should then be able to log in:
https://bcss.org.uk/login/

The seeds are here (in the members' area - along with our membership cards):
https://bcss.org.uk/seeds/
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Post by habanerocat »

I certainly have a different email and password for the forum and main website.
You don't have to be a member to login to the forum.

I'm not sure how it happened, but you have to be able to login to the main website to pay your membership, so you don't have to be a paid up member as such.

Hope that makes sense.
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER

Post by Ali Baba »

According to the seed list page when you eventually get there, the current list won’t be uploaded until Jan 2024
Admin
BCSS Forum Administrator

Post by Admin »

habanerocat wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:42 am I certainly have a different email and password for the forum and main website.
You don't have to be a member to login to the forum.

I'm not sure how it happened, but you have to be able to login to the main website to pay your membership, so you don't have to be a paid up member as such.

Hope that makes sense.
New people who want to join the Society don't need to log in to the website first.
Everyone can log in to the website, member or non member. But it is only by logging in that the website can then look up the membership database and find out if you are a member or not. The "renew" section only appears after the website determines that you are a member. Members get extra stuff on the website. Non-members can still use the shop (not the seed shop) but for shop security we need to authenticate, hence the need to log in. Other than the shop and the members' area, the rest of the website does not require logging in to look at.
Admin
BCSS Forum Administrator

Post by Admin »

Ali Baba wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:25 pm According to the seed list page when you eventually get there, the current list won’t be uploaded until Jan 2024
We are on track for the first week of January at the moment (i.e. about 3 or 4 weeks from now). But complicated by the fact that a new volunteer is taking on the role of packing and posting, so we need to wait until everything is transferred and set up. The packeting and listing is almost ready. We are going as fast as we can, please bear with us :)