Spalding Cactus Mart Sat 20th April

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Spalding Cactus Mart Sat 20th April

Post by Stuart »

Spalding Branch will be having their 16th Cactus Mart on Saturday 20th April at the usual venue - Holbeach Community Centre in Holbeach, just a few miles from Spalding. All sales tables were reserved many months ago and all the main nurseries will be there as usual.
16th Spalding Cactus Mart 20 Apr 2024.jpg
It's always a good day out, open from 10am to 3pm and admission is free, a rare chance to find 16 nurseries in one room.

Stuart
Stuart
BCSS Member

Re: Spalding Cactus Mart Sat 20th April

Post by Stuart »

Only just over a week to go. I'd suggest making a weekend of it and visiting Southfields on the Friday, going to Spalding Branch meeting on the Friday evening (19th April) and spending the Saturday at the Cactus Mart. Southfields is the largest cactus nursery in the UK and currently has 25% off all walk-in sales. There's plenty of plants there that you won't find anywhere else and although Bryan will be selling at the Cactus Mart, I find I need all Friday afternoon at the nursery to see everything. The Branch meeting on the evening before the Cactus Mart is usually quite lively with extra visitors. Just for a change I'll not be speaking there and I can sit back and watch Ian Armstrong giving a Haworthia talk.
The Cactus Mart is actually at Holbeach, a few miles from Spalding and there's a great line up of nurseries. It's open at 10am, free admission.

Stuart
Stuart
BCSS Member

Re: Spalding Cactus Mart Sat 20th April

Post by Stuart »

844f4795-a02c-4ccf-a73c-8eea324501c7.jpg
All looking good for Spalding this Saturday, be there early when it opens at 10am, it's going to be busy.

Stuart