Identity required please

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
EdMcKenna
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLASGOW

Identity required please

Post by EdMcKenna »

I rescued these two today from our local cactus abusers ( trays inside, poor light bottom shelf etc).
I have just this year started getting into non-cacti succulents so I am looking for some assistance in naming these as they are just labelled Aloe.
I think one is Gasteria cv 'little warty'. Both in 5.5cm pots.
TIA.
Attachments
IMG_20240309_150853378.jpg
IMG_20240309_150719110.jpg
IMG_20240309_151209186~2.jpg
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Identity required please

Post by el48tel »

The Gasteria does look like the Little Warty I purchased last year including similar compost, but yours does look much more abused than mine.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Yes, it is Gasteria ‘Little Warty’, some have more leaf pattern than others. The other is possibly the form of Aloe Humilis with fancy leaf markings grown by one Dutch nursery through selective breeding. It might be a Gasteraloe though, there’s a Dutch range sold as ‘Tiga’ with an added letter eg D Tiga etc. It’s hard to tell until it recovers in better light.

Stuart
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Looking at it again, the leaf is the wrong colour for Aloe Humilis, I'd go for one of the Dutch Gasteraloe hybrids.

Stuart
EdMcKenna
BCSS Member

Post by EdMcKenna »

Thanks for the replies, I had a look at Aloe humilis and at some Gasteraloe images online. Probably not definitive but I think the leaf spikes look more like one of the Aloe humilis images I've seen.

http://www.llifle.com/plant_album/626/28959
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by TomInTucson »

Although it's little more than a hunch, once a flower is formed, the first image may torn out to be an Aloe juvenna
EdMcKenna
BCSS Member

Post by EdMcKenna »

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at images of Aloe juvenna and I think it still looks closer to the Aloe humilis.
I put this down to the greater number of spines on the leaf surface as opposed to bumps.