Hello from Sheffield

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Shiv
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Sheffield

Post by Shiv »

Hello!

I'm Shiv from Sheffield.

I've been keeping cacti and succulents for a few years now, but my interest in plants started with more leafy dicots (mostly peppers). Eventually I branched out to cacti/succulents and here I am now.

I have a small but diverse collection, but I do have a soft spot for squat and tuberous/geophytic cacti (brown blobs basically), and I always enjoy finding hybrids too, both intra and intergeneric. Recently I've also gotten into mesembs, and have started collecting Aloinopsis and Stomatium species.

I also have an instagram page where I attempt to document my cactus & succulent keeping (https://www.instagram.com/hexe_cacti/).

Looking forward to meeting people at the Sheffield branch :grin: .
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Hello from Sheffield

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum Shiv
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs. Recently discovered gorgeous Gasteria.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Hi Shiv

Welcome to the forum.
Some nice plants there. Did the Astrophytum asterias come from the Sheffield Branch Show sales plants last weekend?
Hope to see you at next week's meeting.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Shiv

Post by Shiv »

MikeT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:41 pm Hi Shiv

Welcome to the forum.
Some nice plants there. Did the Astrophytum asterias come from the Sheffield Branch Show sales plants last weekend?
Hope to see you at next week's meeting.
Hi Mike, I got this Astrophytum asterias from an Ebay seller, but I do have a few plants that I got from the show last week!
An Aloinopsis rubrolineata, a Plectranthus ernstii, a Graptopelatum and a Pachyphytum amongst others. I'll try to make it to next week's meeting.