A gap in the weather

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jez
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

A gap in the weather

Post by Jez »

Hi everyone,

From about 6-10 am this morning it was sunny..... but since then we've had what most of us have experienced for the majority of June. However, clearly encouraged by the wee bit of sunshine that was going a couple of my plants decided to push up the flowers that they had been holding for a few days (weeks?).

I hope these are worth posting..

Jez
[attachment 5109 pelestromb2.gif]
Attachments
ncuPWN+9NIsunMqA4PDsu4mdzWyjUzMvex9vzZqO9K0jNJRsu5qdzY17Azq1BrbdnNydNp1WhmZf7nudm7mOu6j0VEQPrU8bqph9xR53h
ncuPWN+9NIsunMqA4PDsu4mdzWyjUzMvex9vzZqO9K0jNJRsu5qdzY17Azq1BrbdnNydNp1WhmZf7nudm7mOu6j0VEQPrU8bqph9xR53h (47.81 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Jez

NCSS/BCSS member intermittently since c 1978
Forum member from 08/2006
Collection of mostly smaller cacti and succulents (space limited!) including a variety of caudiciforms..... and I've lots to learn about looking after them.
Jez
BCSS Member

Re: A gap in the weather

Post by Jez »

A second... silghtly paler I think than one posted earler this week.
[attachment 5111 turbloph.gif]
Attachments
PsrirqXWIbeFhShMREZaaqYlqUvbn3IeGiCciF8i7uaiamGdkZZiKiCUjIu6vXoh4dzQnI0Y3NHZoZlRnT+je3HqFi9fM2aqbqVZVVmZYVTY0NNjOylVIRXZ6hpmHd3ZmVqmYiLmnmGZVRkZDRcm2qVNXZmdKNVVFN4h1ZqqquQg
PsrirqXWIbeFhShMREZaaqYlqUvbn3IeGiCciF8i7uaiamGdkZZiKiCUjIu6vXoh4dzQnI0Y3NHZoZlRnT+je3HqFi9fM2aqbqVZVVmZYVTY0NNjOylVIRXZ6hpmHd3ZmVqmYiLmnmGZVRkZDRcm2qVNXZmdKNVVFN4h1ZqqquQg (66.2 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Jez

Collection of mostly smaller cacti and succulents (space limited!) including a variety of caudiciforms..... and I've lots to learn about looking after them.
Jez
BCSS Member

Post by Jez »

A third...
[attachment 5112 koehresii.gif]
Attachments
9imp+W2uHpJTFhISWhXWHhnaIpaXjYrLKBrcPXY2+7DyUg5PDgKFyYMFDkcJS8UHUYsNbyImsKYpvXK2RwEDdipumZMVqeLloZrdt+3yMipuJF7hsnHyMmbsxQEDSQUHefJ20s8RtnW2GtbZquapsu5xsyrxRYMFCYcJDcsNeji51hLVnhqdripttO40ZiKlwwEDBwUHCwkLGhnaNfJ2Dw0PfXo9+jX7oeEiPj
9imp+W2uHpJTFhISWhXWHhnaIpaXjYrLKBrcPXY2+7DyUg5PDgKFyYMFDkcJS8UHUYsNbyImsKYpvXK2RwEDdipumZMVqeLloZrdt+3yMipuJF7hsnHyMmbsxQEDSQUHefJ20s8RtnW2GtbZquapsu5xsyrxRYMFCYcJDcsNeji51hLVnhqdripttO40ZiKlwwEDBwUHCwkLGhnaNfJ2Dw0PfXo9+jX7oeEiPj (62.09 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Jez

David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by David_L »

Nice Loph. or as Ebay would have it "Anhalonium". :shsne:
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Jez
BCSS Member

Post by Jez »

Last but not least my old friend, who has been with me for around 25 years.... Gymno. saglionis, who is in a 6 inch pot. There were a few years when she did not get the attention she deserved, but she is still going strong, and flowers every year.:)

Jez
[attachment 5114 saglionis.gif]
Attachments
inrzgnKVoyONrFyKlrdnpMVejZ3IlbZZdrdqZ7htmuurmJmMmZqEcrNWhLVolqdlI7RXVaZpV6hqiJl8eouLinsLKaqM27xxcMFTcrNXhqdpiIliY
inrzgnKVoyONrFyKlrdnpMVejZ3IlbZZdrdqZ7htmuurmJmMmZqEcrNWhLVolqdlI7RXVaZpV6hqiJl8eouLinsLKaqM27xxcMFTcrNXhqdpiIliY (50.19 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Jez

Jez
BCSS Member

Post by Jez »

Ah yes, the Anhalonium, which seems to be the name that all the sellers are using at the moment,,,, it came from a German E-bay seller, who, after I'd bought one plant a Turb I think) on the e-bay market, then sent me a long list of things that he had for sale.... very nice plants and vey cheap as it happened, so I ended up extremely happy!

Jez
Jez

Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Hehe, don't forget that they are Really Rare as well! ;) :lolbt:

Jez, I bet they were just bursting to flower as soon as they saw a bit of sun. Your old gal is a whopper!
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Jez

they are certainly looking good, clearly the new greenhouse agree's with them.
Love the Pele flower colour, how big is the plant?.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Certainly are worth posting Jez!! Lovely plants & flowers!
Love the old Gymno!
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!