Identification?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
DaveW
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Identification?

Post by DaveW »

Can anybody identify this Sulcorebutia for me? The name has washed off the label.

The biggest con trick ever foisted on the gardening world was label ink that is supposed to be self-etching and stick to plastic labels, even pencil lasts longer! To me if ink is supposed to be self-etching in order to stick to labels then even if the ink has disappeared you should be able to see the name etched into the surface if you hold the label to the light.

Every label using these inks which has disappeared I have tried this on has no trace of etching and is still as smooth as a babies bottom. Yet I have the old zinc Hartley labels from the 1960's when I started still on the odd plant written in ordinary pencil and these are still highly legible after all these years.

[attachment 5568 sulcorebutia.jpg]

DaveW
Attachments
8A
8A (96.78 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Identification?

Post by Phil_SK »

Could it be cardenasiana or langeri?
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by BrianMc »

Could it be S.arenaceae?
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

Think I did have a Sulcorebutia arenacea Brian, I will check to see if any clue remains on the label. I will also check yours too Phil. Many thanks.

DaveW
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.