Argentina & Chile Day 12

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mike P
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Argentina & Chile Day 12

Post by Mike P »

After a long pause and now that the evenings are drawing in I have added some more images of day 12 in the travelogue section. Wild Rebutias and a splendid Opuntia......
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
Cyrill
Registered Guest

Tills

Post by Cyrill »

Hi Mike ,

i love the Quebradada de Toro, is a very interesting Spot if you go away from the "Main-Street".

The pink Tillandsia is T. argentina
Pics in situ

the white one is T. xiphioides

Cheers
Cyrill
Quid pro quo
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Re: Argentina & Chile Day 12

Post by Mike P »

Thanks for the ID's Cyrill.
I have an 'Opuntia microdisca' which claims the Quebrada del Toro as its place of origin. I guess its Tunilla erectoclada really and would be interested to know if you have seen that species growing there and if you have any images of it.
Mike
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
Cyrill
Registered Guest

Tunilla

Post by Cyrill »

Dear Mike,

in my opinion you can find more than one " forma" in the Toro.
You have the round segmentet one thats described as Airampoa longispina or microshphaerica there. In the upper Parts you have Plants that looks like the chileans Tunillas and in the Quebrada de Tastil and upwards to the Tres Lagunas you have first a yellow spined,flat segmentet Tunillas in Milions of Individuals and then in higher altitude brown spined ones as far as you can see until the horizon ;-)
Flowers you can see there also all shades from yellow to red/pink side by side.
Tunilla Pics from my first Toro Trip in 2001

The typical "erectoclada" you can find surround Molinos and nordwards to Cachi.

Bye
Cyrill
Quid pro quo