Chinese fans

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
guo wb
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Chinese fans

Post by guo wb »

Thank forum friends, I will from time to time to update some photos. In addition, Britain has the temperature? How warm the greenhouse? CONOPHYTUM and LITHOPS the soil for planting? How have you cultivated? China imported some seeds get through, they are precious, and I would like to know some European fans growing methods. I do not want to waste these precious seeds. And my email is: guowenbin2008@sina.com please share with me growing experience.
Patricia-CR
BCSS Member

Post by Patricia-CR »

Guo, at your place, do you also have the 4 seasons well established (winter, spring, summer, fall)? It's very important to know for the people to be able to give you advice on cultivation of those precious seeds.
Pat :cac2:
guo wb
Registered Guest

Post by guo wb »

yes. In my house there are usually four seasons, the winter began in November to the end of the second end of 3 years. The lowest temperature will reach about 30 degrees below zero. 3 months is the arrival of spring, they are very short in about 5 to enter the end of the summer. 8 at the end of autumn. To 11 months later returned to winter.
Roger Mann
BCSS Member
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by Roger Mann »

Hello and :welc:
B.C.S.S Member 32963 Clacton on Sea Branch and Sedum Society .CSSA long time member also Alpine Garden Society. I collect Sedums and Opuntias large and small. I live in Essex and also go to Chelmsford branch meetings. :grin: :grin: Roger Mann.
Patricia-CR
BCSS Member

Post by Patricia-CR »

Guo, my recommendation is for you to search for conophytum and lithops cultivation. I can tell you my experience growing them in Costa Rica, but that's far from the weather you have. So I'll let the European fans help you since they have the same weather as you have. Good luck!
Pat :cac2:
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

guo wb wrote:China imported some seeds get through, they are precious, and I would like to know some European fans growing methods.
There is a shortage of Lithops and Conophytum seeds, I understand? If you would like to receive some Lithops and Conophytum seeds, just let me know. I do have some spare ones I can send to you via the post. Or are they rare because they cannot get past through customs via mail?
guo wb
Registered Guest

Post by guo wb »

Compared with the seed, I want to buy some rare plants.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Hello Guo

Welcome to the forum. I hope someone will be able to send you plants. I have a few Lithops and Conos but do not know much about them. I am interested in Chinese art, culture and writing and am learning to read Chinese script. Here is a photograph of a Qing Dynasty stamp of Chefoo that I found at work. The place now is Yantai.
Stamp from Chefoo, now Yantai
Stamp from Chefoo, now Yantai
Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.