Zone 15 mini-convention at Capel Manor Sun 11th March

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Zone 15 mini-convention at Capel Manor Sun 11th March

Post by Stuart »

Hi,
Time for the first cactus event of the year, Zone 15 are having a 'mini-convention' at Capel Manor on Sunday 11th March. 11.30 to 17.00) There's talks by Peter Berresford on 'Hedgehog hunting in the Mojave' and Alice Vanden Bon with ,South African travels' There's also book sales from Keith Larkin and plant sales. The gardens and cactus greenhouse at Capel Manor are well worth a look round if the weather is dry. Tickets are 9 pounds (no pound symbol on this keyboard) and I would expect that it might be possible to pay on the door but perhaps someone from the Zone could confirm this.
Stuart
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Zone 15 mini-convention at Capel Manor Sun 11th March

Post by Cactus Kid »

The last I heard the tickets were running out fast and if you remember we ended up over booked last year! :eek:

I would strongly reccommend that if interested you grab a ticket ASAP.

The event was a real succuss at this venue last year with the speakers, plant sales and food all being exellent. (tu)

See you there.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Zone 15 mini-convention at Capel Manor Sun 11th March

Post by Tony R »

Well done everyone at Zone 15 for organising another excellent convention at Capel Manor yesterday. The talks by Peter and Alice were excellent and it was great to see so many "old" friends from around the South-East. Many thanks.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)