Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
CactusProgressiva
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by CactusProgressiva »

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but reading this thread implies that I can still order seeds from the EU and have them shipped to the UK without any bother? (Last time I did this we were still in the EU.) I don't have to worry about customs seizures or phytosanitary certificates?

I'm just looking over that ADBLPS list now for example.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Yes, you can still order, at least for most of them. I think ADBLPS closes shop somewhere in spring (April?), so don't wait too long.
Be aware the more choice species are usually sold out already.
TomInTucson
Registered Guest

Post by TomInTucson »

Aiko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:00 pm Yes, you can still order, at least for most of them. I think ADBLPS closes shop somewhere in spring (April?), so don't wait too long.
They do a good job of striking out the species that they've sold out of.
CactusProgressiva
Registered Guest

Thank you Aiko, order placed this morning.

TomInTucson, the only one I missed was Mammillaria crucigera. Although the published list is now 3 months old, so wait and see I guess.
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

CactusProgressiva wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:54 am Thank you Aiko, order placed this morning.

TomInTucson, the only one I missed was Mammillaria crucigera. Although the published list is now 3 months old, so wait and see I guess.
If you ordered from Adblps, some species run out of stock just in a few days. I mean 3 months is a bit late to order some species from Adblps.
CactusProgressiva
Registered Guest

Update on my order for those curious in the future.

Ordered: Sun 2 Apr
Responded: Mon 3 Apr
Paid: Tue 4 Apr
Posted: Thur 6 Apr
Received: 18 Apr 2023 (spanned the Easter weekend)

Planted on the 18th. Some things have already germinated - Astrophytums were first up!
Ordered 46 lots. 6 were sold out. 3 of those were substituted for the same species with a different collection number.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Bert Zaalberg from the Netherlands has updated his seed list.
See: https://massonia.com/contact for the most recent list. He offers mostly bulbs of species growing all over the world.
TomInTucson
Registered Guest

Post by TomInTucson »

Aiko wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:00 pm Yes, you can still order, at least for most of them. I think ADBLPS closes shop somewhere in spring (April?), so don't wait too long.
I placed an order with them on July 26. It arrived Aug. 10. This time without any shipping damage. The envelope that was used appears a little more resistant to sorting destruction. 0% seed damage. I hope my luck continues when the next order ships. :cool:
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

The circle of updated seedlists has restarted.

František Nechvíl has updated his seedlist. See: www.kaktusynechvil.cz
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Also František Šibal from the Czech Republic has updated his seed lists. The list can be inquired via email. Send me a message if you want me to send you his email address (I don't want to publish it online). The list mostly contains South American cacti.