Trip to Mexico.

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Vgskcks
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Trip to Mexico.

Post by Vgskcks »

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going to Mexico for a month and would love to know some areas that are good to see cactus, I have no preference of what type. Would just love to see some in the wild.
fatich
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Trip to Mexico.

Post by fatich »

Vgskcks wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:12 am Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going to Mexico for a month and would love to know some areas that are good to see cactus, I have no preference of what type. Would just love to see some in the wild.
Which part of Mexico will you go?
I just came back from Mexico 2 weeks ago, I was in Nuevo Leon area. If you go this region I can help you but you'll need to rent a car.
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Chez2 »

Vgskcks wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:12 am Hey everyone,

We had a really good speaker on Friday 10th May, Hazel Taylor from Orpington, UK. She had been to Northeastern Mexico on an organised cactus trip. I think she said she had been at least twice but would never go unless it was an organised trip. She said it was dangerous to go wandering off on your own.

I'm sure someone knowledgeable on here will be able to put you in touch with her. She may be able to give you advice on who runs the trips.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Chez2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am Hazel Taylor ... may be able to give you advice on who runs the trips.
I agree, Cheryl, about Hazel's talk. The trip was part of the C & S Society of America (CSSA) Convention. The field trip follows on at the end of the convention, as an optional extra for those attending the convention.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Paul in Essex »

I've been 8 times, covered from Cancun to Saltillo, had guns pointed at me :) Send me a PM and I'll help if I can.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.