Hi from Wiltshire

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
muddlemand
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Hi from Wiltshire

Post by muddlemand »

Succulents are my thing, but my health fluctuates and so the amount of attention they get varies. Also, I have phases of near-obsession alternating with phases of almost forgetting about them. This tendency to neglect makes succulents perfect for me(!).

I can't rid myself of loving the Sedum family, have collected quite a few Crassulaceae, and i have a few rescued Lithops that had been overwatered in garden centres. I tend to go at it by buying something on impulse, researching it, and getting all excited for a while about everything related to it. I'm a bit of a language geek too and so sometimes the love of a plant begins with the Latin. Call me weird. (I won't mind.) I'm not usually into cacti, don't like being bitten, but i do have one or two.

Just (re)joined the forum to get one question answered. I did join years ago but can't access that account now (username then: Mand). I doubt I'll be very active here, but when I do magically get well (yeah, sure), I''ll definitely be more involved. All my impressions of BCSS are happy. :)
Well-informed beginner more or less sums it up. Most plants I fall in love with are of the Sedum family, but I don't tend to like Sempervivum; inexplicable. I used to be mand but muddled my login!
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hi from Wiltshire

Post by edds »

Welcome. I've only recently joined too.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the land of ..... obsessives!
Enjoy like the rest of us.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
muddlemand
Registered Guest

Post by muddlemand »

edds wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:15 am Welcome. I've only recently joined too.
el48tel wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:47 am Welcome to the land of ..... obsessives!
Enjoy like the rest of us.
Thank you, edds and el48tel :)
Well-informed beginner more or less sums it up. Most plants I fall in love with are of the Sedum family, but I don't tend to like Sempervivum; inexplicable. I used to be mand but muddled my login!
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Brian »

:welb:

There are many succulent lovers here.
muddlemand
Registered Guest

Post by muddlemand »

Brian wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:18 pm :welb:

There are many succulent lovers here.
Thanks, Brian. :)

Sorry about the delay, I'm not getting any notifications!