Re: July 2020 Astrophytums

Post by Ross M »

Astrophytum capricorne flowering this weekend
Attachments
Astrophytum capricorne
Astrophytum capricorne
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by AnTTun »

Beautiful spination Ross. So far my favorite pic...
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ernie »

The last day of the month seems to be the right time to make a determination so here goes. No more entries.
Gives the winner a chance to select a topic and get it posted for 1st August.
Some very nice plants have been submitted for judging but as I said at the start I was looking for quality of the picture and how it sets off the plant.
I feel that if someone takes time to remove a plant from its usual setting, sets the scene correctly by removing background, and gets the lighting right then that person deserves to be rewarded.

I have decided to pick the Astro Myriostigma quadricostatum submitted by 13 year old Echinoicactus123
The combination of a very nice plant photographed correctly with the just the right amount of light to show of the wonderful texture of the plant while not including distractions makes it the deserved winner for this month.
Over to you Echinocactus123, pick a subject for August. Very well done and its good to find a young person taking such an interest. Keep it up.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Echinocactus123 »

Ernie wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:14 am The last day of the month seems to be the right time to make a determination so here goes. No more entries.
Gives the winner a chance to select a topic and get it posted for 1st August.
Some very nice plants have been submitted for judging but as I said at the start I was looking for quality of the picture and how it sets off the plant.
I feel that if someone takes time to remove a plant from its usual setting, sets the scene correctly by removing background, and gets the lighting right then that person deserves to be rewarded.

I have decided to pick the Astro Myriostigma quadricostatum submitted by 13 year old Echinoicactus123
The combination of a very nice plant photographed correctly with the just the right amount of light to show of the wonderful texture of the plant while not including distractions makes it the deserved winner for this month.
Over to you Echinocactus123, pick a subject for August. Very well done and its good to find a young person taking such an interest. Keep it up.
Thanks Ernie!
For both the kind words and for giving the opportunity to judge for August. I better get thinking!

Thanks again! >:D<:gl: :woho:
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.