MSG Bulletin 4 2020

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Roatavator
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

MSG Bulletin 4 2020

Post by Roatavator »

Hello everyone
The last Bulletin of the year is a little delayed, the colour photographs are not yet back from the printers.
Hopefully the Bulletin will be posted out just after Christmas.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: MSG Bulletin 4 2020

Post by Aiko »

No rush, I would say. It would be held up by postal stress anyway. So later this month is soon enough, after all the christmas cards and christmas presents have found their way to homes.
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Yes Aiko
It’s obvious the Post Office are struggling at the moment. Some BCSS members still waiting for their journals.
We posted two parcels at the same time last week. One on the other side of the country arrived within two days, the other in the same county as us took over a week.
But I reckon the postal service are doing a fantastic job on the whole given their staff numbers must be affected by Covid, they’ve got to keep to Covid compliant procedures and considering the number of parcels and letters being posted must be a lot greater than in previous Christmas periods.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Just a general Mesemb Study Group question:

I just received my MSG bulletin 2 of this year. It has been a while since I got number 1, somewhere in February. Bulletin 2 however is dated early August. Normally bulletin 2 is dated before summer and bulletin 3 is from August / September. Now I start to wonder if I have missed bulletin 2 by never arriving and this is really bulletin 3 (but the editor forgot to change the numbering). Or is bulletin 2 just very late and bulletin 3 will follow shortly?
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Aiko wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:20 pm Just a general Mesemb Study Group question:

I just received my MSG bulletin 2 of this year. It has been a while since I got number 1, somewhere in February. Bulletin 2 however is dated early August. Normally bulletin 2 is dated before summer and bulletin 3 is from August / September. Now I start to wonder if I have missed bulletin 2 by never arriving and this is really bulletin 3 (but the editor forgot to change the numbering). Or is bulletin 2 just very late and bulletin 3 will follow shortly?
There was a quite substantial delay in preparing b. #2, according to https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 7451472607 it was ready exactly a month ago (12/08).
Mat
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Aiko, you’ve definitely got Bulletin 2, which was only posted mid August. Bulletin 3 should be posted early October all being well. Sorry, there have been delays this year, historically Suzanne was greatly helped by Terry. Plans are in hand to replace his invaluable input to the work of MSG, hopefully this will mean Bulletins will return in future to their usual schedule.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Thanks for clearing this up.
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

You’re welcome!
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:20 pm Just a general Mesemb Study Group question:

I just got Bulletin 1 of 2022 today. Has it been lying around in some postal office for months, or have others received it recently too?
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

The bulletins are running well behind schedule, sorry. Yours will have been posted recently along with all other members.