May 2021 - any cactus or succulent growing outdoors in pleasing to the eye surroundings

May 2017 - May Blossom
fero
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: May 2021 - any cactus or succulent growing outdoors in pleasing to the eye surroundings

Post by fero »

Took this today . In the rain , I don't have many , in blue
Aloe brevifolia
Attachments
IMG_20210528_132159075_HDR~2.jpg
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: May 2021 - any cactus or succulent growing outdoors in pleasing to the eye surroundings

Post by Ernie »

The Uk weather seems to be fine and an opportunity to take some photos for this months competition. Last couple of days.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Aeonium percaneum
Aeonium percaneum
This was the plant in the 'not a plain' pot! It is also growing outside at the moment.

At the moment it's part of this display outside,
Aeonium
Aeonium
Ed

BCSS member 53038
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

And these are my Sempervivum bowls,
PXL_20210530_142739452.jpg
PXL_20210530_142802142.jpg
BTW the bowls were broken before the Semps went in! It's my way of up-cycling old frost-damaged pots!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Still not decided the final arrangement but the nearer trough is a mix of sempervivum and delosperma so fully succulent, not sure about pleasing to the eye but it is only on the table so that I can work on it
web-104819.jpg
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

Okay time to decide. I was disappointed that my original topic was not well received but perhaps shows the lack of interest in growing in nice pots and the resistance offered as explained previously by our President who is a big supporter of displaying our plants well. No matter. The change of topic seemed to be a good alternative but that has not been well supported. I think a winning photo needs to be in focus, well presented and taking the eye to the focal point, the plants. Having looked at the entries for some time I make fero's lovely photo of his filifera the winner. The photo would grace any magazine, its in focus and very pleasing to the eye.

Over to you fero.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

You had me there Ernie - I was posting when you corrected the name on your post!

Ed
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

Hi . I thought I had amended my post before anyone else saw it. (I am old!) Your photo of the garden scene with Aeoniums was in contention but the bags of grit in the background knocked it back a little.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

I hadn't noticed those! Need to move them!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
fero
BCSS Member

Post by fero »

Thank you Ernie. That's very kind of you.

I've had something in mind , let's see how this goes