Hello from Romania

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Overcrasher
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Romania

Post by Overcrasher »

Hello everyone,
My name is Radu, I am from southern part of Romania, Eastern Europe. As most of you I am sufferring from a wonderful disease called cacti addiction. I don't mind being "ill" it's more like a blessing for my sanity.
I always liked growing plants, from early age I grew flowers, had a small area in the garden where I planted flower bulbs and took care of them all year round.
However my life changed when I turned 10, on a hot summer day, when my echinopsis made 10 flowers. Stunning right ?!

I grew many succulents and cacti for the last 20 years, starting from echeveria, haworthia, lithops, echinopsis, echinocereus, gymnocalycium, trichocereus and many more species. But in 2021 I started my Eriosyce collection, I sowed many seeds and bought my first plants.
I like growing plants from seed as I can see the entire process. It takes more time to reach maturity and get flowers however the entire process is very rewarding.

For a month I am trying to join BCSS, always had something else to do. Today I decided that the time has come to do that, so here I am.

That's all for now. I am looking forward to talking to you, exchange tips and tricks, best practices and advices.

Kind regards,
Radu
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Romania

Post by el48tel »

Radu
Welcome to the forum. It's good to be addicted to Cactus and succulents. Looking to seeing pictures of your collection.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.