Hi from North Wales

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Richj
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hi from North Wales

Post by Richj »

Hi everyone, I've been browsing for a while and soaking up all the amazing information being kindly shared across the forum.
Recently taken the plunge and now have a nice little collection of mainly lithops, cacti and echeveria which looks like it may well grow out of control! 😂 I really didn't expect it to be this addictive!
Davey246
Registered Guest
Branch: LEICESTER

Re: Hi from North Wales

Post by Davey246 »

Yes, VERY addictive. I gained a greenhouse on a house move and bought a few cacti.
Two house moves later and 24 x 8 feet was over-flowing with cati, mesembs, aloes, some agaves, gasteria, tylecodons, ascpleps, gerianacae (spelling?), sansevierias, selected SA bulbs, othonna, and a few others besides, including welwitchia............ I was sowing hundreds, maybe a short way into 4 figures, of seed each year......

A change of circumstance saw the collection go, but now starting again.....................

Welcome
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Rich, I’m sure you will enjoy your addiction!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum.
Yes you will be hooked ... physically as well as metaphorically.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Richj
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Richj »

Thanks everyone, it's getting bad, I've brought another 3 stunners home from the garden centre again today! I think a greenhouse will be coming my way sooner rather than later 😁