BCSS Seed List December 2021

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
edds
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: BCSS Seed List December 2021

Post by edds »

el48tel wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:33 pm I think WE should ALL thank the team which works so hard and for no financial reward, just the satisfaction and pleasure of serving our community.
Thanks guys for doing the job so well.
Completely agree as well.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

Got my seeds today and a big Thank you to all members of the team involved. :)-D
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Mike P »

Seeds arrived today. Thanks to all concerned.
Received most of the desired ones so very pleased. As they arrived with an avalanche of post having had no deliveries this week I am thinking the covid absences at the local sorting office must be resolving themselves.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Mike P wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:26 pm Seeds arrived today. Thanks to all concerned.
Received most of the desired ones so very pleased. As they arrived with an avalanche of post having had no deliveries this week I am thinking the covid absences at the local sorting office must be resolving themselves.
Know our local delivery office has been under pressure for a few weeks ... Covid ....plus ...
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Postage delays are all over the place. Karl Rabsilber (Germany) posted a parcel to my son’s house in France on Jan 3rd. Its not arrived yet. But my son is also waiting for a parcel posted in Spain on Dec 27th.
It brings a whole new meaning to snail mail…
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

I am still waiting for some seeds from Sweden. Sent late November. I do have given up already. But I could still be surprised. Let's hope it happens not later than early April, right in time for sowing...
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:22 pm Postage delays are all over the place. Karl Rabsilber (Germany) posted a parcel to my son’s house in France on Jan 3rd. Its not arrived yet. But my son is also waiting for a parcel posted in Spain on Dec 27th.
It brings a whole new meaning to snail mail…
Snail mail in France .... perhaps
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

I had a parcel from Korea, sent Wednesday morning, arrived Friday afternoon having travelled via Frankfurt, Leipzig,
Luton, Heathrow and Gatwick. Efficient delivery does exist!

Stuart
Rob
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Post by Rob »

Aiko wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:46 pm I am still waiting for some seeds from Sweden. Sent late November. I do have given up already. But I could still be surprised. Let's hope it happens not later than early April, right in time for sowing...
My seeds from Mats, were posted 16th November, arrived December 29th. Don't give up yet Aiko.
Rob
BCSS member since 1980.
Plant Heritage National Collection of Turbinicarpus.
BCSS Conservation Committee member.
Eudikati
BCSS Member
Branch: PORTSMOUTH & District

Post by Eudikati »

I received my seeds last week, and only got around to planting some a couple of days ago.

An issue I found is that one of the packet I ordered, not sure whether it was Conophytum calculus or Conophytum minutum isn't what it is suppose to be, the seeds were a lot bigger than the usual conophytum size, some have germinated but it had two starting leaves instead of a little conophytum blob.