MSG seed ordering instructions

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Darren S
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

MSG seed ordering instructions

Post by Darren S »

My MSG bulletin just arrived. Great seed list with a full page of 'terms and conditions' for ordering but no actual instructions for doing so. I might just be being dense but if anyone has this info perhaps they could post it here?
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: MSG seed ordering instructions

Post by iann »

Have you sent in your email address? If so, you'll get an email, most likely today, with a spreadsheet and instructions. Otherwise you'll be doing it the traditional way with a piece of paper, an envelope, and a stamp.
Cheshire, UK
Darren S
BCSS Member

Post by Darren S »

Hi Iann. No I didn't. But I can't order on paper either as they have not included an address or payment details....

Have emailed to enquire.
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

The list was done a bit last-minute to be squeezed into the late 2021/4 bulletin rather than the 2022/1 bulletin which it would normally be in, so maybe a few details got lost in translation. I've pm'd you the instructions, but now that you've made contact you'll probably get all the email details anyway.
Cheshire, UK
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

I thought the same thing when the journal arrived, but the email came a couple of hours after the post lady, so I’m sorted.
The spreadsheet was very easy to use, easier even than the ADBLPS one. Great job!
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:30 pm The spreadsheet was very easy to use, easier even than the ADBLPS one. Great job!
ADBLPS is great on the whole, but the ordering form of ADBLPS can be a bit easier and more user friendly. MSG and Succulenta and some of the Czechs do this easier, by showing the list of species available and the corresponding column to enter what you want and how much you want in the same sheet.

But I guess the process of actually making the list is probably easier how ADBLPS does it, with so many species offered. I do wonder how that process goes, really...
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

The Seed List in the Bulletin should have contained the full instructions. I haven’t got my Bulletin yet so can’t comment further. Maybe part of my document list was excluded from the Seed List due to the last minute rush. Anyone with a problem can email me on
MSGSeedOrders@outlook.com
I’m pretty busy with a deluge of orders so may not reply immediately!
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Roatavator wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:05 am The Seed List in the Bulletin should have contained the full instructions. I haven’t got my Bulletin yet so can’t comment further. Maybe part of my document list was excluded from the Seed List due to the last minute rush.
Bulletin did contain full page of notes - 13 items, but didn't include note about postal orders that was with the email you sent out. I actually got my bulletin delivered about an hour before the email
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

In the email bundle there were three items
XLSX file with which to order
LUCKY DIP docx file for the specials Lithops bundel
Notes for seed distribution docx which has the paragraph

Please write out your list by using the MSG numbers with prices, and calculate the cost including the handling charge. Please include substitutes or there are some unlisted species if you want potluck on substitutes. Please print your name and address, and if possible your membership number, in block capitals on your order. Please add a post and handling charge of £3 for UK orders and £7 for overseas orders. Please pay by Sterling postal order or cheque drawn on a sterling bank account made payable to “Mesemb Study Group”. Orders by post should be sent to:-
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

It was a special edition with a puzzle to solve: Peter's postal address is in the bulletin! :mrgreen:
Mat