BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: March 2022 - On the potting bench

Post by el48tel »

edds wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:16 pm
el48tel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:58 pm
edds wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:47 pm Press the Menu button, scroll to find 'Margin' and set to 'chain print'.

When you disconnect from the power it resets itself to full margins each time so you have the remember to reset it each time!
Ed
Thank you.
Learned something.
Today has not been wasted ..... and next week .... label length will not be wasted.
(tu)
Saved you some cash and a bit less plastic waste so all good!
A long way to go to make up the waste so far .... plus dead labels from dead seedlings
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

One to do in a few weeks time, once the inflorescence has died and either set seed or made it clear that there isn't any seed. The offsets look as if they are going to survive and thus need repotting.
Agave filifera
Agave filifera
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

This month's competition has spurred me on to repot an Agave.
Before
Before
needs some tidying up
needs some tidying up
job done
job done
view from above
view from above
I don't have a name for this. Possibly colorata or parrasana. Any suggestions? The mottling on the lower leaves is marks from watering last year. Must take more care this year. If it is colorata, it lacks the banding that this species often has.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Astrophytum now repotted - its decorative cover appears different colour when taking photograph with phone instead of camera.

New plants on "potting bench" are from a half size seed tray and are the results from v\various leaves that got knocked off plants over a few years judging by the size of some of them,
web-144711.jpg
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

My "Sedum trash can" really deserved a pot upgrade after a rather proliferous winter on an outside window sill (to be viewed in a landscape orientation, even editing the photograph didn't help!):

20220331_234431.jpg

And here a "potting bench to be" in a year or so, sharing as I really like the plants and the photograph itself. Apologies for a slightly rough background editing!

20220331_234820.jpg
Mat
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

MatDz wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:54 pm My "Sedum trash can" really deserved a pot upgrade after a rather proliferous winter on an outside window sill (to be viewed in a landscape orientation, even editing the photograph didn't help!):
Editing only helps if the software you use re-writes all the data in the new orientation rather than just changing the rotation flag. The forum software ignores the rotation flag

Open in Photoshop, rotate and save
MatDzrotated.jpg
MatDzrotated.jpg (153.51 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Or should it be rotated the other way?
MatDzrotated2.jpg
MatDzrotated2.jpg (152.62 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Last edited by Jim_Mercer on Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

Thank you Jim, I was fairly certain that my previous photos all loaded correctly. Magic. And I was aiming for the first "composition", it somehow looks better to me :grin:
Mat
Christian
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District

Post by Christian »

I’d agree the first edited version looks better balanced somehow…

Thank you everyone for taking part this month, it was nice to see some of what’s happening on your potting benches at the moment – and the setups you have (it’s the kitchen table here, and every time I fill it with bags of compost and stacks of pots I can feel the looks the rest of the family are giving me).

As for judging this, there were many pictures that came a close second, but the winner this time is Aeonium2003 with the cut up Sedum pachyphyllum. Over to you for a suggestion for an April topic, and good growing everybody!
Member of Birmingham Branch
http://birmingham.bcss.org.uk/