Lobivia chilensis KK641

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Acid John
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Lobivia chilensis KK641

Post by Acid John »

Habitat propagation from Phil Allcock at Windyridge in 1984. I wonder what they made the labels of to last 38 years.
20220516_111429.jpg
20220516_102200.jpg
20220516_102303.jpg
Acid John
Nick_G
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Lobivia chilensis KK641

Post by Nick_G »

I loved buying plants from Windyridge, always exciting when the paper lists dropped through the door. And Mel Fussel, remember him?
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Acid John »

I don't remember Mel, but I was always ready with my marker to tick off what I fancied. Many I still have today nearly 40 years later.
20220517_190032.jpg
Acid John
Nick_G
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Nick_G »

That's wonderful 👍
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Acid John wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:07 pm I don't remember Mel, but I was always ready with my marker to tick off what I fancied. Many I still have today nearly 40 years later.

20220517_190032.jpg
Wow ..
You have the lists .... from 40 years ago? That's an important and interesting historical document. I wonder whether Chris L from Manchester branch is aware and interested because he collects document artefacts. Might be worth sending him a PM. It was a thread on the forum about the CSSGB, NCSS and BCSS seed lists which prompted me to do a statistical study of the growing trends and changes over the past 70 years. I wonder if those lists show similar and significant changes, and comparing them with the lists we see today show some trends.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.