Flowers from sweepings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Flowers from sweepings

Post by Paul D »

The reason I am stowed out with young plants I don't know what to do with is that I absolutely flat refuse to put any living thing on the compost heap. I cleaned up the Gymnocalycium bench-end and sowed the seed that was lying there, and here is one of the results. It looks like Gymnocalycium kieslingii, unless anyone can advise differently?
A beautiful sight this morning.
Attachments
Gymno sp 2.jpg
Gymno sp 1.jpg
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: Flowers from sweepings

Post by Herts Mike »

Spectacular Paul!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Paul D wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:11 am ......... I absolutely flat refuse to put any living thing on the compost heap ..........
A beautiful sight this morning.
I'm glad that I'm not alone in the world
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

Absolutely, both! (tu) (tu)
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)