Cactus and Succulent Auction, Sunday 10 July 2022

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Simon S
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Membership Secretary

Cactus and Succulent Auction, Sunday 10 July 2022

Post by Simon S »

Arrangements are being made to sell a collection of a member who has been growing plants for over 50 years. The collection has a number of significant plants being offered for sale, including Copiapoa, Ariocarpus, Lophophora, Mexican miniatures, Haworthia and Ferocactus. This will be the first of two auction events. The first event will feature 225 lots, with approximately 185 lots at the second event (details of which will be announced in future).

The event is to be held at:
St. Paul’s Parish Hall, Blackpits Road, Norden, Rochdale, OL11 5NG.

Viewing will be from 9.30am and the sale from 10.30am. Ample parking is available and light refreshments will be provided. Please contact cacti.succulent.auction@gmail.com to register your interest and receive an auction list plus further details. Plants will be sold as seen, with reserve bids accepted if you’re unable to attend on the day.

These are not my plants; I am only helping a friend to find younger homes for his collection.

A flavour of the plants available and quality of the collection can be seen here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194009764 ... 081438982/
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cactus and Succulent Auction, Sunday 10 July 2022

Post by Phil White »

When will the auction list be made available please ?
Phil White
Wiltshire, England
Simon S
BCSS Member

Post by Simon S »

Please see attached list, which now includes some Ariocarpus and Lophophora which are featured on the Flickr site, but were originally prepared for the second list. If anyone's interested in the auction and would like further details, please contact me on cacti.succulent.auction@gmail.com
Auction Plant List 1 revised 6 June 2002.xlsx
(18.8 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Sorry for the late reply Phil - Sheffield Branch's show was held over the weekend and whilst the spirit was willing, my back had other ideas!

A quick snap of another auction plant:
IMG_1566 (1).jpg
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Phil White »

No worries Simon. I did send an e mail just wasn’t sure if it was received, thanks for the update & hope you had good show.
Phil White
Wiltshire, England
Simon S
BCSS Member

Stuart Ratcliffe: Cactus and Succulent Auction, Sunday 10 July 2022

Post by Simon S »

Stuart Ratcliffe of Manchester Branch will be auctioning half of his beautiful collection in just over a week's time. Stuart has been growing for around 50 years and has many mature plants that were grown from seed in the 1970s.

Please see above links for a downloadable list of lots available on Sunday 10 July and photos of some of the plants, or email me at cacti.succulent.auction@gmail.com and I'll try my best to help. Bill Darbon will kindly be the auctioneer on what will be a bittersweet day for Stuart.