Hello

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello

Post by ianstrutt »

Hi all, I'm Ian.

Long time lurker, very sporadic poster and recent attendee at the Nottingham branch for the first time since before Covid.

I grow a little bit of everything and have done for about 3 years now. My current particular focus is on caudiciforms and my small by ever increasing collection of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, and escobaria among other things. If anyone has any to offer that I don't have, I'd likely take them off your hands! I'm currently growing plants in a small conservatory so the focus is on smaller plants that don't take up too much room!
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_4651.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4586.jpg
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of caudiciforms, tylecodon, euphorbia, coryphantha and turbinicarpus along with anything else that takes my fancy. I avoided mesembs for a long time but conophytums have recently broken my resolve.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Hello

Post by edds »

Hello Ian,
I'm in Nottingham too but not made it along to a branch meeting yet.

Looks like a nice collection
Ed
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum Ian
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome Ian, you have some nice plants there. Definitely worth going to your branch meetings, where you will hear interesting talks, chat to other enthusiasts and usually be able to buy plants from visiting speakers or other members, this is a good way to build up your collection. :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias