Under the staging is....

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Under the staging is....

Post by Jim_Mercer »

A long flower spike greeted me when I went to my greenhouse
web-3332.jpg
Flowers looked like they belonged to a gasteria and by using tilt screen on camera at arms length to avoid bending my back too much I found it came from this plant - there might be a label in the pot but for now the exact name remains a mystery
web-3351.jpg
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Re: Under the staging is....

Post by Stuart »

That's probably a Gasteria Bicolor. Apologies to Tony but I've just cut all my Gasteria flowers off because they were getting in the way. The plants look much better for it, I've done the same to my Haworthias too before they were covered in dead flower stems.

Stuart
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Under the staging is....

Post by Tony R »

Stuart wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm That's probably a Gasteria Bicolor. Apologies to Tony but I've just cut all my Gasteria flowers off because they were getting in the way. The plants look much better for it, I've done the same to my Haworthias too before they were covered in dead flower stems.

Stuart
Haworthia stems, yes definitely! Gasteria stems, not so hastily! :wink:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)