Mestoklema arboriforme

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

Mestoklema arboriforme

Post by ianstrutt »

Hi all,

I've recently procured this plant. I bought it with the intention of maximising the growth of the caudex. I assume I can do this by pruning it back pretty hard? It's in flower at the moment so presumably now is not the time, but if anyone could offer tips it would be appreciated.
thumbnail_IMG_5085.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5084.jpg
Cheers,
Ian
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of caudiciforms, tylecodon, euphorbia, coryphantha and turbinicarpus along with anything else that takes my fancy. I avoided mesembs for a long time but conophytums have recently broken my resolve.