TSG meeting 2023

This forum is for discussion about small Opuntias, open to all.
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

TSG meeting 2023

Post by ianstrutt »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information on the TSG meeting in Newark on Sunday? I've seen the flyer on the BCSS facebook group but wanted to see if anyone knows anything more about rough timings for the talks etc.

Will anyone from the forum be going? It's only just up the road from me in Nottingham so seems a shame not to go along.

Cheers,
Ian
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: TSG meeting 2023

Post by Tony R »

Hi Ian,

A few more dcetails here: https://bcss.org.uk/event/tephrocactus- ... l-meeting/

Doors open about 9 for sellers to set up and buyers to buy,
Formal meeting starts at 11.
Short ''Annual Meeting' to discuss business for perhaps 30mins.
11.30 First talk.
12.30 Lunch - own sandwiches or quick trip to the local pub. More sales.
14.00 2nd Talk
15.00 3rd talk
16.00 End of meeting

This is just my guestimate based on previous years.
Regretabbly, due to illness, I am unable to attend this year, but you will receive a very warm welcome.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
ianstrutt
Registered Guest
Branch: NOTTINGHAM

Re: TSG meeting 2023

Post by ianstrutt »

Tony R wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:35 pm Hi Ian,

A few more dcetails here: https://bcss.org.uk/event/tephrocactus- ... l-meeting/

Doors open about 9 for sellers to set up and buyers to buy,
Formal meeting starts at 11.
Short ''Annual Meeting' to discuss business for perhaps 30mins.
11.30 First talk.
12.30 Lunch - own sandwiches or quick trip to the local pub. More sales.
14.00 2nd Talk
15.00 3rd talk
16.00 End of meeting

This is just my guestimate based on previous years.
Regretabbly, due to illness, I am unable to attend this year, but you will receive a very warm welcome.
Cheers Tony, I've had a similar response now from John B.

Shame you can't make it this year - we could have talked chemistry. Get well soon.
Growing in Nottingham for the past 4 years and recently found my way to a Nottingham branch meeting. A few plants on a windowsill has very quickly turned into a greenhouse full!

Attempting to grow a range of turbinicarpus, coryphantha, escobaria and several other cactus genera. Tylecodons, pelargoniums and conophytums keep me occupied in the winter and an ever expanding number of gasteria live under the bench.