Birmingham Autumn Show 1st October

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Andyh
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRADFORD

Birmingham Autumn Show 1st October

Post by Andyh »

Autumn show shedule attached. Note parking details....

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying the end of summer.

Our annual cactus and succulent show at Birmingham Botanical Gardens will be on Sunday 1st October. Please find the show schedule attached

**PARKING HAS CHANGED**
Parking is no longer free - please see details in car park to avoid penalty charges

However if your membership is up to date and you would like to display one or plants then parking is free but you must send your car registration to fionasylva@gmail.com before 1st September
Attachments
Screenshot_20230829_215037_Word.jpg
BCSS autumn 2023 show schedule.doc
Schedule
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Re: Birmingham Autumn Show 1st October

Post by Stuart »

This is the last big show of the year, in a great venue, it's very good of Birmingham Botanical Gardens to let us use one of their large function rooms. Apart from the Show, there will be a large quantity of sales plants from three nurseries, Tony Irons, Woodside and Plantlife along with a 'members sales' area where almost anything can turn up. It's from the members sales area combined with a post on the forum that led to a plant eventually selling for £7000 so don't miss out, it's this Sunday. There's a good restaurant at the gardens and plenty to see as well as the show so allow plenty of time for a visit. The gardens open at 10am.

Stuart
greatnorthernexotic
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by greatnorthernexotic »

Stuart wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:08 am It's from the members sales area combined with a post on the forum that led to a plant eventually selling for £7000
Tell me more!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BCSS #54601 (LEEDS BRANCH)
youtube.com/@greatnorthernexotic / instagram.com/greatnorthernexotic
In the greenhouse: ariocarpus, astrophytum, aztekium, copiapoa, lophophora...
In the outdoor arid bed: hardy agave, aloe, dasylirion, hesperaloe, opuntia, yucca...
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

It was the succulent equivalent of the 'Dutch Tulip Bubble', a post on the Forum served as a catalyst, you'll have to ask me at the Birmingham Show when I'm not judging or maybe at Spalding Cactus Mart next year or at their branch meeting the night before. Sadly, that's the nearest I get to Leeds these days.

Stuart
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

WHAT £7000 :eek: , even I don't spend that much on a single plant .
What was it ??
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.