International Asclepiad Society Journals

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stig
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD

International Asclepiad Society Journals

Post by Stig »

The IAS website is still live and it appears they have back issues available but I was hesitant to order in case there isn't anyone supporting the shop.

Alternatively if anyone has issues 23-61 and 116-124 for sale I would be interested in purchasing.

Thanks, James
Pattock
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: International Asclepiad Society Journals

Post by Pattock »

I am a little concerned that there is no mention of the society having folded anywhere on their website. You can still pay a subscription for a year's membership through the webshop, it seems. Three years after they notified members that they were no more. The Facebook page appears to have vanished.

I have issues 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 and 124. Do you have issue 127? The last issue, which is not mentioned on the Sales Table or Publications list. I have several copies of that as I had an article in it. I don't usually read things twice, so I am happy to send you the lot. For the low price of remembering your promise when the weather gets warm enough and postage. Let me know your postal preference by email. Best after Xmas now, I suppose.

I have issue 40 (not in good condition) from 1987 as well but I was going to keep all the older ones I have, in case the rump of the society decides they can be scanned and uploaded.

If Wiebe Bosma is reading this, is there still a Slide Bank as mentioned in Issue 40? If so, can I send you ƒ2.50 for a list?

Anyone interested should consider joining the ISG. It won't get anywhere without more members. https://stapeliads.eu/login/
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hi James,

Back isssues are still available (127 was the last issue), and I could probably muster a complete set if required. The orders are being monitored those that come in via PayPal as I am the last Trreaurer standing and have all the back issues here and mail them out as required.

I am not in control of the website so can do nothing to change that but should anyone try to join by sending in a subscription I refund it with an explanation.

Best wishes, Suzanne Mace
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

I joined the ISG but didn’t renew. Got rather fed up with no response to a number of things.
Darren S
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Darren S »

Herts Mike wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:13 pm I joined the ISG but didn’t renew. Got rather fed up with no response to a number of things.
Likewise with the IAS but it turned out to be the final year anyway.

The carnivorous plant society is not going to be renewed here for similar reasons. First year of membership and disillusioned already.
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Stig
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD

Post by Stig »

Thanks for your replies, PMs sent. Merry Christmas!