May 2017 - May Blossom
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

March 2024 Marvellous Mesembs

Post by el48tel »

I'm hoping to see lots of entries since I'm sure that there's at least one mesemb even in the collection of the most dedicated cactophile.
With many mesembs being winter and spring growers I'm hoping for flowers ... texture .... patterns .... shapes. I'm not judging the plants .... I'm judging the pictures you send for the way in which you portray or tell the story or what it is which makes the plant so special to YOU.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: March 2024 Marvellous Mesembs

Post by Aiko »

Probably the nicest of mesembs according to me: Conophytum burgeri

Active and in flower:
PA120004.JPG

Inactive during its summer dormancy:
P6230044.JPG
TomInTucson
Registered Guest

Post by TomInTucson »

Aiko wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:41 pm Probably the nicest of mesembs according to me: Conophytum burgeri

Active and in flower:

PA120004.JPG

Inactive during its summer dormancy:

P6230044.JPG
🖒 🤞
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Bumping this .... as a reminder
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
WoBo
Registered Guest

Post by WoBo »

Last month I wasn't able to contribute - no Adromischus in my collection.
This month I had to search my photo archive a little longer, as I had already presented several mesemb pictures before, including some as night bloomers ... So here is my March selection:
One aspect I love about mesembs is the color spectrum of their flowers. There are colors - and color combinations - including metallic effects that are quite unique. Here you can see the cultivar Delosperma dyeri 'Red Mountain', where the flowers start out rather orange (at the bottom of the picture and at the very back in the blur) and then turn reddish with a purple tinge.
Delosperma dyeri 'Red Mountain' WB.JPG
I have shown this Titanopsis schwantesii before, but with the 'opposite shot' to this photo. This genus is one of my absolute favorites because of its reptiloid leaves.
Or is it dinosaur skin? :wink:
Titanopsis  schwantesii WB.JPG
Wolfgang
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE

Post by Ernie »

Trichadiadema densum. An appropriate name its like a jungle in there. Another plant I got from Whitestone 20 years ago. Its grown a great deal since then.
P1030144.JPG
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Bumping.
Only one week remaining.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Another bump
Surely there's a few more pictures of plants .... shapes ... texture.... colour .... etc .... flowers are not compulsory
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

Conophytum
DSCN7503.JPG
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

Ernie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 pm Trichadiadema densum. An appropriate name its like a jungle in there. Another plant I got from Whitestone 20 years ago. Its grown a great deal since then.P1030144.JPG
The flower
Trichodiadema 3,..JPG