Warrington to Spalding and Southfield

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Warrington to Spalding and Southfield

Post by Peter »

There's room for two more in the car this Saturday so please send a private message if interested.
Hob
Registered Guest
Branch: SOUTH NORFOLK

Re: Warrington to Spalding and Southfield

Post by Hob »

i'm still hoping to get to Spalding from suffolk ..........maybe see you there??
hob BCSS 49009 member of the south Norfolk branch
suffolk england
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

That's a fair old drive Peter! Wave as you go past my house, somewhere between J1 and J2 on the M60 :) I won't be there (:P)

Are you buying or selling this time? Or both?
Cheshire, UK
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

Ian:I sold quite a few plants at Woolston Cactus Mart and the empty spaces on the staging are making me twitch. As usual, I shall buy far more than I have either the room for, or the money - however in the latter case I shall simply reduce the wife's Bristol Cream ration for a few months. Do you live on the hard shoulder of the M60, or is it the central reservation (indians live on reservations).

Hob: I used to visit Pakefield (Lowestoft) and I know why your plants are flowering so early. It's all that sand and wind - they feel at home!(:D
Hob
Registered Guest

Post by Hob »

[quote="Peter Turner"]Ian:I sold quite a few plants at Woolston Cactus Mart and the empty spaces on the staging are making me twitch. As usual, I shall buy far more than I have either the room for, or the money - however in the latter case I shall simply reduce the wife's Bristol Cream ration for a few months. Do you live on the hard shoulder of the M60, or is it the central reservation (indians live on reservations).

Hob: I used to visit Pakefield (Lowestoft) and I know why your plants are flowering so early. It's all that sand and wind - they feel at home![/quote]

gad sir what a cad you are .........the wife's bristol cream ration is essential to matrimonial harmony as any fool should know, as for iann, he lives in a pair of jeans with a busted zip :P

pakefield .......... just up the road a bit, full of them there holiday makers at pontins (:P)
suffolk england
Julie
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

Spalding!! ::o :X :( Wish I'd known ages ago!

I was there not two weeks ago, ogling the nice gardens, and dutifully tripping around the shops with the parents. So not likely to get there again anytime soon, as it's an hour from us. :(

Probably just as well - with the cono and other funky new additions to the family, I should stop! I saw the sweeetest Lophies at the AGM, but I resisted.

There is a so-called Garden Centre - which is actually a supermarket of things for the home, with a little corner dedicated to gardeny stuff.

There's not much in the way of C&S in the gardens - in Charlie Dimmock's island there's a sorry looking Agave with more dead leaves than alive. There were enough live leaves for me to show the parents the print on the leaves that the adjacent leaves make before peeling themselves off the growing spike.

I was impressed with the Zen garden, and the purple boxes garden. The gardens are new and still growing, but have some nice features already.
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Hob
Registered Guest

Post by Hob »

if anyone else is going i found the address with the postcode for the satnav (tu)

Springfields Events Centre.
Springfields
Camelgate
Spalding
Lincolnshire
PE12 6ET
suffolk england
Hob
Registered Guest

Post by Hob »

just back from spalding, 210 mile round trip ::o
bought a few plants :D

[attachment 3307 DSCF1642.JPG]

Peter i missed you, the man selling flowerpots said you were in earlier 8-)
Attachments
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE (85.21 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
suffolk england
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

The Echinocereus at the back with the big red/orange flower looks nice Hob - is it coccineus?
Hob
Registered Guest

Post by Hob »

Vic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Echinocereus at the back with the big
> red/orange flower looks nice Hob - is it
> coccineus?

coccineus v.gurneyi SB917 on the label